Friday, April 21, 2006

Happy Anniversary!

Day 14 - Friday
Total Account Value: $5359
Available Equity: $3322
Positions Opened: 3
Positions Closed: 3

My girlfriend and I celebrated our one year anniversay this morning. But not long after waking she had to go off to work and I drove home to see if I could resurrect this trading account. It would be a very pleasing anniversary gift as I grew pretty annoyed yesterday.

It seems there is a money god after all. Most of my open trades "matured" as the day progressed, and at one point I was sitting on a tasty $700 one-day gain. Of course there are no fairytales, but more than $500 is as perfect as it can get in my circumstances.

HSP has performed sensationally and I'm glad I had the foresight to go long when I did. It began so strongly that I pyramided my position by buying another 1666 CFDs and watched as the gains multiplied. If I were to exit now the win would be worth nearly $600. However, the good news is sobered by the fact that similar bursts are a dime a dozen.

This was the first time I survived and profited from a major opening downtrend in the All Ordinaries. This gives me hope - it means I'm getting better at pre-empting individual stock movements. As well as HSP, my decision to go long on CEY shortly before yesterday's close was fruitful. It stormed upwards, eclipsing the three previous day's losses. When a stock shows this kind of pattern there is a danger it may lose momentum as quickly as it appeared, especially in a flat market. Due to opening unpredictability, I'm being more frugal and will take every opportunity to close out positions sooner rather than later. CEY left me $310 up.

AXA and COA continued their slow descent and a new short position in CSM (Consolidated Minerals) began promisingly. I have been watching this stock for quite a while now and it exhibits slow, involatile movement. There is money to be made here if I go with the trend.

Last week I tended to wait on unperforming positions, hoping for good fortune the next day. This time I am smarter. I closed FXJ with a minor profit intact as it seemed to struggle after healthy gains yesterday. Anything can happen after the weekend though my feeling on this stock is still bullish.

Ahh it was a very happy day, but will it last? At least I feel better about splashing out on a health spa massage for my girlfriend and I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home